Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Catching my tiger by the tail

For the past (almost) two months I have been residing in the Queen City. My WNB (wonderful new boyfriend) whom shall be referred to as Mason, convinced me that trekking up and down the interstate with gas prices rising astronomically was a bad way to date. And... well, we were losing a LOT of sleep... so I've transplanted myself from the Triad to the City of 1000 Churches. I'm still searching for gainful employment, but it seems I've settled on the city of my basketball nemesis for the continuation of that search. Convoluted, I know.

In the past few months my stress level on the employment conundrum has risen to levels I haven't felt since I was dealing with the divorce. The good news is that I have had some interviews for positions that I could really sink my teeth into, and a few I could do in my sleep. And THAT means there is light at the end of the tunnel. I interviewed with the Big Furniture company that sold nothing but chairs 100 years ago, the people who design faucets to build homes around, and Tony Stewart's (#20) bearing supplier (yes, really... there is such a company) - I've had more phone interviews than I can count, but invariably have been either uninterested in the position or they considered me overqualified. How exactly, do you dumb down a resume to GET a job, knowing if you do so you will a) be untruthful about your abilities and b) invariably bored with the position? Ah... things that make you go hmmm.... in the exciting world of unemployment. It'll come - it's just not the right time. And I'll keep telling myself that, until it DOES come.

I'm still living without all of my "stuff" - which makes one just that much more stressful. Silly things like my favorite winter coats (yes, that's plural) and my CD collection... and well... the things that I love in general, (which is why we keep that crap to begin with, right?)

And I still need a life, a social life, that is... before I make Mason absolutely insane.

So, on with the catch up - there are adventurous tales to be told.

No comments: